Across the continents, there are programs by the government and private individuals towards a better life of the citizens.
Better life for Rural Women, Poverty Alleviation Programme etc.
Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labour on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.” (Isa 55:2 NIV).
Everybody wants a better life. Today, there are a thousand suggestions on how to live a better life. There are pills, exercises, and diet books to help us lose weight so we can live a better life. There are lotions, treatments, and surgeries to help us look better so we can live a better life. There are cell phones, computers, and televisions to keep us connected and entertained so we can live a better life.
There are cars, clothes, and fancy homes to keep us feeling wealthy so we can live a better life. There are schools, classes, and colleges to get our kids ready to live an even better life than we do. There are also jobs, cash, and credit cards to keep us spending for all of these things so that we can one day, hopefully, have that better life we dream about.
Better life is great and I want it too but, but I don’t think that any of these things will help me to get it. I have tried a lot of them over the years. They may make you feel better for a moment but they don’t bring you the lasting happiness you want.
I have discovered personally, that the only way to have a better life is to live a better life, and only way to give your children a better life is to show them how to live a better life as well.
How do you live a better life?
- Start by living more for your soul and less for your wallet.
- Spend more time hugging and less time buying.
- Turn off the television and take a walk with your children.
- Smile more and worry less.
- Spend more time with your loved ones and less time at the office.
- Laugh longer and more often.
- Look in your heart more and in the mirror less.
- Realize how much God loves you and spend your days sharing that love with everyone you meet.
- Always remember that your life is a gift from God and how you live it is your gift back.